Poem: I Shouldn't Care about Being Cool Any More

I Shouldn't Care about Being Cool Any More

You noticed my bag
and complimented it,
and I said it was from a concert
Melissa and I attended
just a few years ago
down in Miami
and you were suprised
asked if it was really 
The Breeders we saw
or just Kim Deal
and I said I thought
it was The Breeders,
and you were skeptical,
so I said it might be}
it was Kim Deal
and whatever her new deal is,
because I wasn't sure,
but I know it was 
The Breeders, I checked now,
and I was right,
and I wonder why
I doubted myself
at the time.
I had the bag there
and it says "The Breeders" 
right on it.  
I did not trust myself.
I wonder why
I am this way,
but the only answer
is being human,
I think.  I guess
it happens to you
and to other people
I do not even know.
It would be nice
if you told me
I was right,
maybe offered
an example
of your own,
though I know
that is not 
how social interactions
work in most cases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)