Poem: I Shouldn't Care about Being Cool Any More

I Shouldn't Care about Being Cool Any More

You noticed my bag
and complimented it,
and I said it was from a concert
Melissa and I attended
just a few years ago
down in Miami
and you were suprised
asked if it was really 
The Breeders we saw
or just Kim Deal
and I said I thought
it was The Breeders,
and you were skeptical,
so I said it might be}
it was Kim Deal
and whatever her new deal is,
because I wasn't sure,
but I know it was 
The Breeders, I checked now,
and I was right,
and I wonder why
I doubted myself
at the time.
I had the bag there
and it says "The Breeders" 
right on it.  
I did not trust myself.
I wonder why
I am this way,
but the only answer
is being human,
I think.  I guess
it happens to you
and to other people
I do not even know.
It would be nice
if you told me
I was right,
maybe offered
an example
of your own,
though I know
that is not 
how social interactions
work in most cases.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three