Poem: I Have Many Doubts, But I Am Trying to Trust You

I Have Many Doubts, But I Am Trying to Trust You

Are these things 
that you know will work
and not only work
but work towards my ends?
It may be you understand
and I am right to trust you,
it may be that is true,
but I am still afraid.
I am giving space,
am letting you guide me
and suggest the way forward,
but I do not know
if the direction you are pointing
is towards the places
I am seeking to go.
I do not know
if you have the right map
or know the directions.
I am trying to be trusting,
am following directions
and doing as you say
and not straining,
even though I have doubts.
I hope I am wrong
and you are right,
but I am afraid.
I do not know what I will do
if this is another mistake.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)