Poem: I Had Been So Slow

I Had Been So Slow

but now I am not that way,
am not faster but more dedicated,
it takes time, still,
but I give the time to it,
I find it and use it
for this and not other things.
I am lucky I have time,
yes, I am lucky that way.
It would be another thing
if the time was never there,
but I am lucky and have it
and now I spend that time 
on what must be done
so I won't be so slow,
only it is so late
I do not know if it matters,
I do not know 
if it is too late, 
if I was already too slow
for too long
and no matter what,
now it is impossible
to ever catch up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)