Poem: I Do Not Wish to Speak of That

I Do Not Wish to Speak of That

Not in this way, and not yet.
Do not think it is a denial
or that I wish to lie
or will always refuse
to be clear about the matter,
but right now, no.  Now,
it is all so new and raw
and I am uncofmortable,
am not even certain
this is the right way.
I don't want to step wrong
or reveal too much.
I am afraid.  I admit it.
I do not know
if it is a needed fear
or just my own worry.
I am trying to move away
from the way I always was,
but that means 
I will be uncomfortable
and uncertain.  Right now,
their is fear,
and I do not have the experience
to know the truth
of what is frightening me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)