Poem: I Do Not Wish to Speak of That

I Do Not Wish to Speak of That

Not in this way, and not yet.
Do not think it is a denial
or that I wish to lie
or will always refuse
to be clear about the matter,
but right now, no.  Now,
it is all so new and raw
and I am uncofmortable,
am not even certain
this is the right way.
I don't want to step wrong
or reveal too much.
I am afraid.  I admit it.
I do not know
if it is a needed fear
or just my own worry.
I am trying to move away
from the way I always was,
but that means 
I will be uncomfortable
and uncertain.  Right now,
their is fear,
and I do not have the experience
to know the truth
of what is frightening me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three