A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Ninety

It has been a rather busy day and I am feeling the overwhelm tonight.  Even sitting down to write was a bit fraught for me, as I didn't feel connected to my work when I was starting.  Part of that is probably because I begin with my prose work.  I say it is because of that, but I know that I had the same issue at times when I was only writing poetry, so...  In any event, I spent a long while not certain how to start.  I did a bunch of reading and eventually came to a point where I had an idea and could get myself into it.  Even so, I still just feel worn out and sapped.  I really don't know what can help to restore things for me right now, as so much of it is a result of circumstances that I cannot alter.  I've got so much to deal with right now and a lot of it just doesn't seem like it can be resolved in any way that will actually be good.  I am aiming for the least bad options, or it feels that way.  I have to hope for something to come along that helps to make a difference.  At least I am still committed to doing my work and writing each day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)