A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Ninety

It has been a rather busy day and I am feeling the overwhelm tonight.  Even sitting down to write was a bit fraught for me, as I didn't feel connected to my work when I was starting.  Part of that is probably because I begin with my prose work.  I say it is because of that, but I know that I had the same issue at times when I was only writing poetry, so...  In any event, I spent a long while not certain how to start.  I did a bunch of reading and eventually came to a point where I had an idea and could get myself into it.  Even so, I still just feel worn out and sapped.  I really don't know what can help to restore things for me right now, as so much of it is a result of circumstances that I cannot alter.  I've got so much to deal with right now and a lot of it just doesn't seem like it can be resolved in any way that will actually be good.  I am aiming for the least bad options, or it feels that way.  I have to hope for something to come along that helps to make a difference.  At least I am still committed to doing my work and writing each day. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three