A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Eighty-Eight

I have been writing on this non-fiction prose piece for some time now and am not certain how to bring it all together at the moment.  As I have said, I've been writing in fragments most of the time, and now I have most, if not all of them, collected together.  I need to sit down and start ordering them, I think.  If I put them into categories that connect the pieces together it might help me to organize them into longer sections.  I know that they are all connected in the broadest sense, but I recognize that some are more closely related than others, and in some cases that they are discussing similar smaller themes that are part of the larger piece.  It may be that I can create sets of pieces that will fit together into sections of the larger essay, and then begin to order those parts together as a way to build towards the entire piece.  I don't know if that is the best approach or not, but it feels manageable to me right now.  I need to do something that will let me get a handle on the work, and I know I have been feeling overwhelmed when I look at it as a whole, so this might be just the right approach, at least for getting my head around what I have right now.  Maybe once I do this, I will have a clearer sense of the essay and will recognize a better way to move forward, but I am glad to have conceived of something straightforward to focus on right at this moment.  I have been overwhelmed by so much lately, this approach feels simple enough that I think I can make it work, at least as a step towards something final.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three