A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Seven

I am thinking that I may be getting close to the point where I really need to put my essay together into a cohesive piece.  I've been thinking about the ways that I might do that, and about various things I need to try to connect up, as well as potential gaps in the work that might exist.  I know that their is a lot of work still to be done, but I feel as if much of what remains is work that can best be discovered by understanding what the essay will be, both in concept and in structure.  I want to make certain it doesn't become a purely dry and academic piece, but I also know that a lot of what I am attempting to discuss in the piece is textual, and thus their is a balancing act.  I feel that their is a way to organize it all that will also open up space for the work to feel more intimate and human, that will let me make clear what is behind the work, maybe.  I know I have read essays that accomplished this in connection to similar subject matter, so I believe it is possible, it is just a matter of finding a way to do it that is right for this piece.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three