A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Five

I began to write about some of the thornier and more complicated ideas I have been struggling with in crafting this essay and found it a bit easier than it had been.  A large part of that was just my being more comfortable, more certain that I am already on firm ground in general from which I can build.  While some of the points I want to make here are not as obvious and might even be a bit difficult for some people to accept, the fact that I have already established much of my central contention makes it easier.  I don't feel as far out on the limb with these concepts now that I have so much else in place.  I still have a lot that needs to be covered, more that I need to do to establish a clear basis for some of what I am saying.  The arguments I am making need to be grounded with clear evidence, and I don't have all of that organized and ready to go yet, but I feel that I have a good structure for the argument.  I mean, I know the evidence is there, as I have researched it and seen enough, I just have to select the right pieces to highlight, and now that I have a good sense of how I want to structure the argument itself, I think I am in a good position to figure out the other specifics.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three