A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Five

I began to write about some of the thornier and more complicated ideas I have been struggling with in crafting this essay and found it a bit easier than it had been.  A large part of that was just my being more comfortable, more certain that I am already on firm ground in general from which I can build.  While some of the points I want to make here are not as obvious and might even be a bit difficult for some people to accept, the fact that I have already established much of my central contention makes it easier.  I don't feel as far out on the limb with these concepts now that I have so much else in place.  I still have a lot that needs to be covered, more that I need to do to establish a clear basis for some of what I am saying.  The arguments I am making need to be grounded with clear evidence, and I don't have all of that organized and ready to go yet, but I feel that I have a good structure for the argument.  I mean, I know the evidence is there, as I have researched it and seen enough, I just have to select the right pieces to highlight, and now that I have a good sense of how I want to structure the argument itself, I think I am in a good position to figure out the other specifics.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Le Guin, Steering The Craft, Chapter Five: Adjectives and Adverbs (Exercise Five, Chastity)