A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-Four

I spent a lot of time today doing extra work on my essay.  I found myself thinking about certain ideas earlier and started looking into them, then writing out a whole new section fairly rapidly, covering material I hadn't previously been certain I would even discuss.  It really feels as if I am getting more and more comfortable with the subject in a way that makes me feel certain I can begin to pull it all together in the way it needs to be.  As I mentioned last night, I do still have some areas that are important which I have yet to really write about in a satisfactory way, but I know that the best answer for that is just writing about them more and more.  I think I have been afraid that I might not be able to craft the core argument in a solidly convincing enough fashion to push into some of these matters, as they are somewhat complicated and conflicting to look at closely, but now, I think I have found a way to demonstrate certain central ideas in a way that feels fairly absolute.  As a result, I am in a far better position to discuss these other matters more confidently.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three