A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred-And-One

I had a kind of Eureka moment today while doing research for the essay I am working on.  It is a small quote from an unlikely source, but it illustrates so much that is central to what I am trying to discuss in a way that I think is almost undeniable.  It was so unexpected, to be honest, and now it has me looking in a new direction at things I had previously only considered as tangential.  It was not only rewarding in that it offered me a valuable resource for communicating a certain understanding, but also demonstrated to me that I am going in the right direction, that their is strong evidence to support that I am correct.  It is not so much that it makes me believe in my thesis more, or anything of that sort, it is more that I am recognizing just how clear it is that these ideas are correct, even though they have been ignored or even dismissed for a very long time.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three