A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Four-Hundred

I did not get very much sleep last night.  For one thing, I was having weird and unpleasant dreams, and then, on top of that, I woke up with a terrible cramp that I couldn't get rid of.  I had to get up so I could stretch and work it out.  By the time I had done that, I was too awake and decided I wasn't going to fall back to sleep, so I got up instead of staying in bed.  I have been told it is better to not lie awake in bed in the middle of the night, that it can make it harder to sleep, as though you are training your mind to stay awake in bed.   Instead I just got myself some cold water to drink and sat down for a bit to try and relax a little.  After a bit, I was able to get back to bed, but it was already getting towards early morning.  I would have slept in if I could have, but I had too much going on.  I am hoping that tonight will be better.  At least I am finishing up my work before it gets all that late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three