A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Ninety-Seven

The last few days have been somewhat tough.  There were a few unexpected events that have brought up a lot of emotions and put me a bit off balance, a lot that is changing in ways that feel wrong and scary, things that I thought would never happen, to be honest.  It is disorienting and upsetting and I don't feel comfortable even talking about the specifics at the moment because it is all so fresh.  The only thing that I can do is just keep going, and the best way I know how to do that is to keep up with my writing, so here I am. It won't change anything, I know, is not going to turn things around or make any real impact on the outcome of these events, but it is the fact that I am remaining on my path, that I am not letting this knock me down in that way.  I still hope to find a way to make things better, and I hope that I can use my writing to make that change.  To keep writing on days like today, for me, that investment of time and energy is like a vote of confidence, a reaffirmation of my belief in myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three