A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Ninety-Six

My essay is growing, though it is still fragmented.  I may have found a part of the structure, I think, or a possibility for it, at the least.  I am not certain.  I know that their are still a number of ideas which I need to be able to write about more clearly.  The file that contains the various segments I have is already almost twenty pages, but much of that is probably repetitive anyhow.  I haven't really been revising at the moment, mostly just writing multiple versions of certain ideas until I feel I am getting close to what I want.  I think that can be more helpful, to be honest.  In revising, one often feels limited to the scope of what is present and to the way it approaches an idea, but in writing about the same topic again, one can easily dismiss those concerns and just go for it.  Even if the result is not a better piece of writing, it helps me to break out of thinking about the content in one singular way.  It is a new set of considerations and often a different perspective, or at least a different approach.  At the moment I am still glad to be in that phase of exploration and discovery, glad to be pushing myself to find new options for expressing these ideas in a way that will be effective.  I feel I am getting close to the point where I will know how to put it together.  As I said, I might even have an idea for what the structure should be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three