A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Ninety-Four

I am working quite hard on both poetry and non-fiction right now, with my non-fiction efforts quite focused.  I am thinking that it is also time for me to consider writing some more fiction.  I have a concept, potentially, for a longer piece, but I am lacking certainty about it.  The idea feels nebulous and I am worried, but the truth is, I might just need to begin to explore it and allow it to develop through the actual process of writing it.  It is hard to know.  The concept is somewhat scattered and a bit experimental, but that is not anything new for my work, to be honest, and I think that I have an idea of how to get into it, or at least a possible idea for that.  Their are some conflicting and contradictory elements, bus that is often a positive thing, really, if it is handled with understanding and attention.  I am hoping that I might figure out a way to unify a few different thoughts about the start of the piece and connect them together which would help me know just how to begin.  Or I think that it might.  I shouldn't really wait, I should just give myself a starting point for it.  I may wait a little bit, to be honest, as I am already dealing with a lot.  At the same time, I wonder if starting might not help me to feel a bit more energized in some way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three