Poem:No Way Out Right Now

No Way Out Right Now

They covered the door up
and I cannot get through,
taped plastic all around the frame
to keep out dust, but no one said a thing
and I was inside, did not know
what was being done.  I had to go out,
though, needed to get through
and they did not care:
"it is only temporary,"
they told me,
as if it only mattered
that my confinement would end
at some point in the rather near future.
I only wish they had said something first.
I would have gone through the door
before they covered it up,
but it is always that way, I think,
is always what happens to me.
I go someplace I think will be safe
and it becomes a trap
I cannot get out of
until someone else decides
it has been long enough
for what they want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three