Poem:No Way Out Right Now

No Way Out Right Now

They covered the door up
and I cannot get through,
taped plastic all around the frame
to keep out dust, but no one said a thing
and I was inside, did not know
what was being done.  I had to go out,
though, needed to get through
and they did not care:
"it is only temporary,"
they told me,
as if it only mattered
that my confinement would end
at some point in the rather near future.
I only wish they had said something first.
I would have gone through the door
before they covered it up,
but it is always that way, I think,
is always what happens to me.
I go someplace I think will be safe
and it becomes a trap
I cannot get out of
until someone else decides
it has been long enough
for what they want.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now