Poem: I Did Not Enjoy That

I Did Not Enjoy That

It was not what was planned.
My father's name 
was never spoken,
not even once,
though I know
his memory
was the reason
for my being there.
I understood
what was to be
as one thing
and it mattered to me.
It still matters to me,
but you will leave
and not think of it.
You think it is fine
and if I complain
it will be about me,
will be unreasonable
that I feel anything.
It is always that way.
I want to speak of it
and have you understand
what I am feeling,
but you will only say
it is my sensitivity.
You will dismiss it.
Always, you dismiss it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three