Poem: Even Your Apology Is Broken

Even Your Apology Is Broken

Last night, you cancelled
and said you were sorry,
offered to make it up,
saying we would meet today,
instead, but then
you said no to that,
as if it was alright,
but you cannot erase
that it was a gesture
to apologize
for missing last night.
You erased your apology
as if it was fine
to do that.
I want you
to understand
what you have done.
I wish you were better,
were a person
who showed respect
for others, but
I know better.
It is not your fault.
I should have known,
I should have seen
the kind of man you are,
but I trust people.
We all have flaws.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three