A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Nine

I began working on a piece of prose tonight that I think is going to be good.  It is something I have been contemplating a long time, and I have always pushed it aside, but I think that I am ready to get to it now, and that the fact I am writing daily and can just do some of it today and some more the next day and not feel the pressure of needing to focus on finishing it, or worry that I will stop work on it out of disinterest or some such, that gets pushed aside because I know I am committed to writing daily.  I can stay the course, am glad to have the piece, really, because it let's me jump right in with something that is already in mind.  I can just sit down and write a bit and find my topic that way, but it is nice to have the idea ready and waiting for me.  It is off to a good start, I think, or good enough to get me into it.  I know the beginning will need work, that the first part was just me getting my mind on track, but it got me in and now I just have to keep going.  When I get to the end, I will have a stronger sense of how it should be changed and shaped, and may even have a clear sense of just how I want to begin.  Right now, I am just excited to be drafting the piece in the first place.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three