A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Six

 I am still feeling quite upset tonight.  As I mentioned, a few days ago I received some personal news that was upsetting, and the events in this country since then have just enhanced my feelings.  Even knowing that this was coming, the decision to abandon decades of precedent in order to take away an essential right of bodily autonomy from pregnant individuals is sickening.  And that the president and other Democrats have taken no meaningful action other than speaking out against it and telling people to vote if they want things to change, it just makes everything so much worse, makes it all seem so much bleaker, more hopeless.  I do not have any answers, often  I wonder if I even have the right questions, if we are honest.  What is the answer?  It is already so bad, and we all know this is only the beginning.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three