A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Four

I continued on with the prose today and I began to feel that the work was more coherent and that I knew how to explain the ideas in a straight forward and persuasive way.  I can't say that this shift is permanent or that my feelings about the writing itself are accurate, but I think it is a positive signal no matter what, attesting to the way writing daily helps me to get better and more capable as a writer.  Tonight was the first time, as I have been doing this work, that I really felt the work was on target.  As I've said, I am not putting pressure on myself to do anything particular with the prose right at this moment.  I start work on an idea and keep it going for several days, if not longer, and I have been focusing on that aspect of things, as I know that worrying about the quality of what I am producing would only add more pressure.  I believe that, over time, I won't have to worry about that, and I also think that just doing the work itself is a good place to be right now.  I am writing and keeping at it.  I can control that part of my behavior easily enough, especially when it doesn't come with a lot of other pressure or demands.  Over time, I believe I will learn and develop if I keep with it, each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three