A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Three

I am continuing on with the prose and keeping up with my poetry work, and I am glad to be doing it all.  I think I need to figure out how to get the prose a bit more together, but I also worry about attempting to tinker with it right now.  I only just started doing it as a daily practice and I am still not all that confident about it, so giving myself the freedom to just write and not consider the work beyond getting it on the page is liberating.  It keeps me from getting stuck trying to find the right idea, for example.  I have discussed how, in the past, I would sometimes set about trying to start a piece and would just get stuck in a sort indecisive paralysis, not knowing just what to do to begin.  By not worrying about the work at this point, I am freeing myself to just write and not worry.  At some point, of course, I will need to reshape these pieces, at least if I intend them to be read by others.  I know that the work right now is somewhat disjointed, that it may not yet be holding together, but I also believe that writing itself is the process for learning to write better, and I think that getting more and more comfortable within the medium.  I believe that I know what I am doing on a deeper level and that the practice of writing each day will inevitably lead me to discovering what I need to in order to improve.  I think that it is more important that I keep going, that I do not stop my momentum with this, because the daily work is, I believe, the real key for me to unlock the skills and knowledge that I need to be a better at various types of non-fiction.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three