A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Forty-Two

I am feeling myself itching to do more of the work right now.  It may be, in part, that I have been working on prose now for several days and feel refreshed due to that work, both because of the writing itself and because of the permission to create without consideration that was part of that process.  I've been allowing myself to just riff in prose and not worry as much about things in terms of the actual output, not yet at least.  It is also some of what I took from my consultation yesterday.  The sense that I should be leaning in to my language and allowing myself to create works that explore that is very freeing for me, because I know how to do that, especially in the context of fiction.  As a result, I want to also begin some work on fiction, again.  Short fiction, I think, and I may have some specific thoughts on it right now that feel potentially fruitful.  One thought is about a piece for a specific journal that has certain thematic requirements, and which I think might be interested in something strange, and which I also know pays decently.  I am very eager to get more work out there, even in smaller venues.  I want to feel like I am getting my work out into the world, which is not so easy, but I am trying to feel, at least a bit hopeful about it, I suppose.  I wish that I had some kind of realistic evidence that things can change for the better, or at least a path forward that felt like it would actually work to move me in the direction I want to go.  I don't want to put all my energy into an effort that has no results, and so often that is how it feels lately.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three