A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Forty

Tomorrow I have a meeting to discuss one of my short stories with a consultant who may be able to offer some advice on where to send it.  The story I gave her is a rather strange one, though I can say that about most any of my stories, to be blunt.  They are all a bit weird, and this one fits into the set.  Part of what is unusual in this story is the framing of the story, which begins with the narrator announcing that it is not true or believable, and denying any claim that it is a real story, but then going on to talk about it as if it is their own life.  It's hard to explain the narrative posture, to be honest, but I think I pull it off in the piece and that it works. There are certain aspects of the story, in particular some of how it develops before the ending, but I think it is largely a good piece and one that shows a lot of what is special in my writing, at least I hope so.  I am, of course, excited about this meeting tomorrow, but I can't help but be a little bit nervous as well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three