A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Thirty-Seven

I am quite tired right at the moment, and today was a long and rather difficult day, so I am going to keep this on the short side.  I've continued with my work, remaining diligent and writing more for my essay.  I do feel that I am getting more confident with the work, and I think a large part of that is that I have continued work on this same piece.   It is often when I attempt to start writing a new piece that I get stuck and wind up walking away, but once I am in, it can be very different.  I need to get over that, and a big part of that is just recognizing it, and then deciding to not care about how the start of an essay seems.  I know I can revise and change things, so it doesn't even matter that much.  It is about getting started and finding a way in to the actual meat of the work, and that entry-point can be anything, even if it is silly or dumb.  It does not matter in the end, because it can be removed during revision.  The whole point is just to get going, and the less concern their is about beginning a new piece, the easier it can be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three