A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Thirty-Six

I did continue work on that essay tonight, though I am still finding my way with it.  The sense of uncertainty and the fear both remain with me at the moment.  I have to hope that keeping at it, writing each day this way, will be enough to help alter that mentality just through exposure to the process.  That is to say, I want to become better and I know that writing more does not automatically mean the work is better or of any value at all.  Indeed, for me, the point of the daily writing is not that it is resulting in a perfect piece, but that practice itself is important as a way to move forward.  It is not always about what I am writing but about the fact of my writing itself.  By doing it each day, I learn that I  am capable of doing the work each day, and I also remove the pressure to make it perfect.  I have to keep it up, and I think the best way to do that is just to keep reporting on it here, though, I hope, in a more interesting way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three