A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three

I am at the start, again, of a cycle that, in the past, has not gone well.  I have an essay in mind, a piece that feels ready to be written and which I think their could be an audience.  It is a discussion about a popular piece of media that looks at it through a certain cultural lens and presents it in a light that raises certain difficult questions.  I need to commit to writing it, and I am afraid that, as in the past, I will find myself avoiding the actual work.  I know that their is a degree of fear for me in relationship to this type of writing.  I need to just push through that, and I am going to push myself in that direction tomorrow.  I must, it is important for me to be doing this work, even if it turns out to only be for my self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What is this whole blog thing for anyway?

Part Three Is Coming

Poem: Is He Gone, Now