A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three

I am at the start, again, of a cycle that, in the past, has not gone well.  I have an essay in mind, a piece that feels ready to be written and which I think their could be an audience.  It is a discussion about a popular piece of media that looks at it through a certain cultural lens and presents it in a light that raises certain difficult questions.  I need to commit to writing it, and I am afraid that, as in the past, I will find myself avoiding the actual work.  I know that their is a degree of fear for me in relationship to this type of writing.  I need to just push through that, and I am going to push myself in that direction tomorrow.  I must, it is important for me to be doing this work, even if it turns out to only be for my self.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three