Poem: We Must Make It Better

We Must Make It Better

though it cannot change
in so many ways:
I think it cannot be right,
but it must be made better.
You are suffering,
and I am suffering,
alone and together,
and it is difficult for me:
I remember what was done to us,
feel it still.  It has caused harm
and it cannot be undone.
I do not think it can be fixed,
but we must make it better.
I must find a way 
to make it better for us.
I do not want the pain.
I hope it can get better,
though I am afraid.
I know what cannot change,
and I worry it will always be wrong.
I must find a way, though,
for you, I must.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three