Poem: Past Mistakes

Past Mistakes

Last night and the night before
I forgot the pills I am meant to take
before I go to bed.  It has been so long
since I had forgotten, I did not think of it,
even afterwards, I did not remember
what was forgotten, not until today,
until just a bit ago.  Tonight
I want to remember,
to make it right.  I do not know
if it can be fixed: it may be too late,
or it may not matter for long,
not if I begin again tonight
and remember tomorrow
and the next day.  I do not know
what damage I have done
but I hope it does not matter.
I will do what I can
by not repeating the mistake.
It may not be enough,
but what else can I do?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three