Poem: I Do Not Understand Why I Go

I Do Not Understand Why I Go

It is not a pleasure to be there
and I am not comfortable,
not in that place.  It may be
I do not want to be here,
not in this place, not so much.
It is not right here,
though it is not right there, either,
and that is the same wrong
in two places, is the same act
that made it so.  It may be that.
I do not know.  I do choose,
at times, that it might be good,
that it might be beneficial,
might help to heal these wounds.
It never does, though.
It seems only to continue.
I do not want to be there,
but here is not right 
and is never right.  
I have said it all before,
have said it many times.
I hope going is a good thing,
brings something positive
to change these conditions,
but I cannot imagine it.
Still, I try to be hopeful,
at least in that I go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three