A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-Thirteen

Another night that I allowed to get way too late.  I was distracted and didn't think about it.  It has already been a long day.  We went to the Greek Church this morning for the service.  The sanctuary was quite hot, and someone actually fainted during the service, but there was a doctor present and they seemed to be okay after a short while.  After the service, there is a small breakfast reception and we were given a reserved table in Ann's honor, to have some coffee and pastry, which was very nice, especially the pastry which I believe are made by congregants who volunteer in the kitchen.  I think that cooking is a major thing for the church, to be honest, as they (as many other Greek churches do) have a large festival once a year where they sell large quantities of food.  I gather that much of it also prepared by these same volunteers, mostly little old Greek ladies.  Melissa is always telling me that they cook all year to prepare for the festival.  

I do wish that I had gotten to be a bit earlier tonight, as tomorrow is another busy day, with Melissa and I each having appointments; also, I need to work on getting the car repaired from the other day when that car crashed into us.  I think I am going to take the car over to the mechanic in the morning to at least ask him a few questions.  I have a feeling he will tell me to go to a body shop, and will likely have a good recommendation for me.  I am not sure what time Melissa's appointment is, to be honest, but I know it is before mine, so I need to check with her before I just go, of course.  I also need to talk to the other party, as they wanted to discuss paying for the repair out of pocket and not going through the inusrance, which might be preferable for everyone.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three