A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Three-Hundred-And-One

Melissa tested herself today and the results show that she is still positive for Covid, so she is still isolating.  I am trying to be helpful and to take care of things for her, but I don’t know how good I am at it, really.  I know it has been difficult for her, and she is not able to do a lot for herself, and I should probably be more proactive about taking care of her needs, but it is not easy, especially when I can’t really spend any time around her.  I don’t always know what she needs or when, and I don’t want to bother her when she is resting, which is a lot of what she has been doing, I think.  I have gone to check on her several times when it was clear she just wanted peace and quiet, and so I tried to give it to her, but I am sure there are times when that is not all she wants or needs.  Part of the issue, I think, is she doesn’t always speak up for herself, but I know that is a thing she has trouble with.  It is just hard to accommodate for when we are not even able to spend time in the same room together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three