A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Ninety-Nine

I saw my mother very briefly today.  When I called her to say happy Mother's day, we talked a bit and I wound up asking her to pick up a few things at the store for me.  I had been hopeful that my brother would be in touch to help out, but as I mentioned yesterday, he really has not been very interested in assisting.  I just grabbed the bags from her car without spending any time together, as I don't want to expose her, but it was still sort of nice to be able to at least see her.  Isolating is not a lot of fun in general, and even though things with my mom have been difficult, I do care about her.  It might be easier, really, if I didn't care.  I am also feeling pretty upset about not being able to spend any time with Melissa.  This is the first Mother's day since her mom has died, and I am sure that is weighing on her as well.  Indeed, I have been feeling that too, as we did spend a number of Mother's days in Ohio with Ann.  I am sure it hasn't been an easy day for Melissa, and I really wish I could sit with her right now and be together.  I did spend a few minutes with her, with me outside the closed window to her room and her standing before it on the inside.  I wish that she was exiting quarantine with me tomorrow, but I know it is better if she remains isolated a bit longer, as the doctor suggested.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three