A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Ninety-Eight

I am almost through with my quarantine, I suppose, which is good, though, as I said last night, Melissa is still going to be waiting a few more days.  I have tomorrow and then I will test on Monday and I then I can get out some.  At least it means that I can go to do some shopping, as the options for meals are dwindling.  I asked my brother to help out, but it is clear he finds it a serious imposition.  I don't even want to ask him to help out any more, especially considering that he insisted his buying a house down the street from us would be an opportunity for him to help us out if we needed it.  That is clearly another one of his lies, as every time I've tried to ask him about helping out this week, he has acted as if it is a huge burden.  Well, that may not be entirely fair.  It might not have been that way the first day, when I asked him to pick up Melissa's prescriptions, he was only a bit surly that time.  But since then, it has progressively gotten worse.  And do not think I am calling him multiple times a day or asking for anything major.  At most, I wanted him to pick up some food for us.  I can understand how he might find it an imposition, but I would hope he could understand that we are stuck at home and could use the help, but he doesn't seem to care.  It feels quite typical.  I am sure if I complain, though, he will say that I am being unreasonable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three