A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Ninety-Seven

It is strange to be isolating at home.  Melissa and I are both here, but we are staying apart from each other and checking in by telephone.  It will be this way for a few more days.  The doctor told Melissa that she should quarantine for around ten days and that started Wednesday, so she should be free next weekend.  I am supposed to test again on Monday, and if that is good, I should be able to leave quarantine then, though it feels a bit strange.  I suppose I am staying far enough from Melissa that she can't infect me, though I do wonder about it, with our living in the same house right now.  It is worth noting that my office and the bedroom where Melissa is staying are separate, even in terms of the air conditioning and duct work, which does seem to suggest it will be fine, but I don't want to go out and get others sick.  It is not so easy to just stay home, and it is a kind of torture to know that, although Melissa is just down the hallway, I cannot spend time with her right now.  I am eager to get through all of this and to get back to normal, but at least she seems to be doing alright for the most part and hasn't had any really serious symptoms.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three