A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Ninety-Five

This morning, Melissa woke up feeling a bit unwell.  She thought it was probably just allergies, but wanted to be cautious and so she took a covid test, which, of course, came back positive.  I have tested negative, but am quarantining as well.  Melissa is down in the bedroom and I am up here in my office.  She seems to be doing alright for the most part, though I do worry about her, especially since I am not actually around her.  It is strange being isolated from one another in the same house, and that might contribute to my discomfort as well.  I need to check in on her again in a little bit to make sure she is doing alright and doesn't need anything.

I also just received a text from my brother that he is feeling sick now, though he doesn't think it is covid as it seems to be more of a stomach bug.  He tested earlier today, after I told him Melissa was sick, and it was negative, but I told him to check it again tomorrow.  I know that stomach upset is not the most common covid symptom, but it is definitely one I have heard mentioned before.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three