A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Ninety-Four

I do not know what to write tonight.  I've tried to keep this blog small, to focus on things in my own life, to talk about myself and my writing.  I know it is often unfocused, but that is because I've just tried to keep it spontaneous and not plan out too much, so that I can be honest about things and talk about whatever is happening, but I am just not certain how to write about much of anything at the moment.  I am, like so many, terrified for the direction this country is taking, which is not a new feeling, but is certainly one that is more present after the news yesterday.  It was nothing unexpected, but that does not change how devastating it is that it has happened, or is about to happen, as seems to be the case.  That the Democratic response has not been a practical one, but instead seems to show a decided lack of willingness to take action, is again not at all surprising to anyone who has watched the last several years unfold; that does not make it any less damning or unacceptable.  I don't think we can trust our political class at all any longer, not on either side of the aisle.  It is clearly time for other kinds of action, for the citizenry to stand up to the bullies and bigots who would take this nation for themselves.  I fear what will be if action is not taken, though I have no certainty what can be done at this moment.  Still, I know it is necessary. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three