Poem:That House

That House

It is not comfortable to be there,
you have not worked
to make it a place
anyone else wants to be.
There are is furniture
but no place to sit,
not when each chair
except your own
is covered with things,
with cords and packages
and components
for whatever project.
It is not a place
to have anyone come
besides yourself,
and that is clear,
but you invite us,
want us to come
and be there 
and will act like
I am unreasonable
or intolerant.
You do not undertand.
That is the problem
that is at the center.
It can't be explained,
I cannot explain it.
I do not know who can
explain it for you.
I do not know.
I have understood
in my own mind
what has come to be,
what is between us,
have worked to heal,
to make things better.
I want it to be better.
Do not think that means
I will do the work alone,

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three