Poem: I Thought, Perhaps, It Was You

I Thought, Perhaps, It Was You

but it was not.  You are still silent.
It should mean nothing:
I know you well enough
to be adjusted
to such disappearances.
It is nothing at all,
is only the way you are,
but I am still sad.
I do not have many friends,
at times, I think I have only one,
maybe two, but
that is not the truth,
there are a few,
but they are scattered,
are not here.  And the world:
it is so busy, so necessary
to be busy if you wish to survive.
I mean to say that I miss you,
that it would be good
if it had been you.
I expect you will return,
and I hope it is soon.
I have been hoping
it would be soon
since you went away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three