Poem: You Say It Was A Mistake, Now

You Say It Was A Mistake, Now

but you knew the damage
that would be done,
you knew it already.
You were told,
you saw the pain it caused.
You told me it was still what you wanted,
that even with all that was wrong,
all the harm it was inflicting,
you wanted it, needed it.
It was what you needed,
what you wanted,
what you deserved to have.
It would be right.
But now, when it is too late,
now you want to say
it was a mistake
as if I should accept that,
as if it changes things.
You must prove to me
it was not a mistake,
must prove it was true
that you needed this,
that even with the harm done
it still was what had to be,
what you required.
Prove to me
it still is good,
was still the right choice,
or admit to me,
say what I already suspect:
you only did it
to cause the harm.
You did not care about the rest,
you just wanted to have what you wanted
to prove you could,
to prove that my needs
did not matter at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three