Poem: These Are The Wrong Kind of Wounds

These Are The Wrong Kind of Wounds

"If it had been worse
it might be better"
is a thought 
I have had too much,
a thing I consider,
wanting injuries,
wanting to have been hurt
in deeper ways,
to have my body distorted by the force,
my form injured with real injuries;
not so much I would die,
you understand,
but hospitalized, yes, harmed.
I don't want to be in pain, but
I think, it might still be better
if that had happened.
I do, I think it,
the want for that destruction,
for it to have been worse,
even to still be impacted
all this time after,
even now, 
because I have scars, now,
it is only that they will never show,
but, I keep thing that, if they did
you could not still say
nothing happened at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three