Poem: The Road Is Dark And Long

The Road Is Dark And Long

and it is so late
and it seems to be repeating,
to be a loop, the same trees,
the same streets and signs,
all coming back around.
I don't think their was a turn
but we are still back again,
and each exit I took
seems only to lead back here again,
to take me around and about
to be where I already was.
It is so late and I am tired
and there is not much gas left,
the engine does not stay full,
will not keep running,
not if dawn is still so long off.
I do not know if there is a place to stop.
I do not want to stop here.
I started in this place,
I want to get somewhere
before I stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three