Poem: Each Time

Each Time

I could wait again,
could go away
with intent
to return,
to be back soon,
saying it is best,
is a good choice
not to go on
right now, not to
get stuck and held
and not have a moment
to even think of what to do,
to only continue and continue
and that can be so bad,
I could say all of that,
talk about overwhelm
or burning out
or needing to take a break,
which are real things.
I do not mean that it is not real,
that no one needs to stop.
It can be good.  It can be
what is needed.  I do know
there is a time for that.
That a thing can be right
does not mean it always is,
but that can be enough
yes.  It can give the excuse.
I don't need an excuse.
I don't need one at all,
can run from waiting labor
even unencumbered by a reason.
I can do that.  Tonight,
I am still here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three