Poem: Broken

Broken

I do not know
that there is a way
to fix these things,
and I am uncertain
what to do.
If it can't be made better,
what is there?
As things are
it is not good,
and nothing
can change
what happened,
nothing can do that,
and there is not a way
for me to accept this,
to be alright
with this outcome.
It does not work.
I do not know
how to make it right.
I don't want this.
I want to fix it.
I need it to be better,
if I am honest.
I do not know
how to continue
with things as they are.
I cannot adapt to it,
cannot accept it:
it will never be alright
that this was done.
I don't have a way out,
but I need one.
I need you
to be responsible
for what you have done,
and that means
making it better,
that means fixing this,
though I know
it can't be fixed.
I don't want this.
I want it to be better.
I want you
to make it better.
It is all your fault
and you say 
you are sorry for it,
but that is not anything,
is not action, is not
changing the conditions
that you created.
It must be fixed.
Fixed.  Not handled,
not accepted.
What must happen
is what cannot be
and nothing else
is acceptable
and I won't explain,
and don't ask me
to be reasonable
or tell me
this is unfair
or try to explain,
just accept it
and take action
to do what is right,
even if it can't be done.
It is what must be.
It is what needs to happen.
It cannot be, and I know that,
and I am going mad,
am existing in a world
that does not contain
the possibilities I need,
not any longer.
It cannot be changed,
and if it does not 
it will always be wrong.
Do you even care
or will you say, again,
it is just me wanting things,
me being unreasonable.
I am not being unreasonable,
not when you did this,
when you chose to do this.
You knew the harm,
and you chose to do it,
and now, you pretend you care,
pretend you want to make it better.
The only way it can be better
is by fixing what you did,
but that can't happen.
It is what you did
and cannot be undone
and there is nothing for that,
and what you did
changed things.
I am not alright.
I will not be alright
because it can't be fixed.
If you care
find a way to help,
find a way.
You did all of this.
It is your fault.
It is your responsibility.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three