A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Eleven

I am still needing to do those submissions that I intended to begin working on a few weeks ago.  Things have been hectic, especially with my getting Covid, but I haven't forgotten my intention or given up on it.  I need to get to it.  I know that sending out work isn't a very rewarding thing, often can be both frustrating and difficult to even accomplish for me, and that is not even including waiting for a response or getting a rejection.  It is hard to motivate to do something that often just feels like asking to be abused.  A large part of that is the process itself, and how difficult it can be to navigate.  I wish that their was a way to submit work that felt accessible for me, that there was a process which I could feel comfortable and confident about being capable of following properly.  I have so much work I want to submit, and I would send out a lot more, but the process is so overwhelming that I haven't sent out anything in months.  I want a way to do it that doesn't require needing help, if I am honest.  It is not that I am ashamed of wanting help, but I can't find it, and even when I do, I always wonder how much more I could be doing on my own.  I don't want to be at the whim of another person's efforts, even if that person cares and wants to help me.  Maybe if I felt it was possible to ask for accommodations from within the industry I wouldn't feel this way, but any time I have even broached these questions, it is clear that there is no flexibility at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three