A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Ten

I didn't sleep all that well last night.  The futon here in my office is not the most comfortable bed, unsurprisingly, beyond which, it is also a bit too short for me to lay completely flat.  Throughout the night, I kept rolling about, and eventually I just couldn't lie there any longer and got up entirely.  I wound up going out to the yard and sitting out until around dawn, at which point I was tired enough to get myself back to rest.  I know a part of it was just being sore and aching from sleeping on the futon so many nights in a row, but I also miss being with Melissa at night.  I am  glad that tomorrow is going to be the end of my quarantine period, that I will be able to spend time with her again.  It hasn't been all that difficulty not interacting with the world in general, but not being able to be close with Melissa, that has been far harder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three