A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Eight

I had another slow night, tonight, but it is earlier than last time.  It is always tempting to just stop, to let myself get away with not doing the work, but I am always afraid that will just be the start of a longer slide.  I have been having so much difficulty in other aspects of my work, and rejection itself can certainly feel demotivating.  It is natural to wonder whether it is worth keeping at it, I suppose.  I think just keeping going is important, not letting myself have that small slip up.  One night of not writing wouldn't matter on its own, of course, but I know myself, and could easily imagine that one night being just the start.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three