A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Seven

I have let the night get away from me.  Now, it is almost four and here I am, working on this blog entry.  I am tired, but I am still here, doing this.  I know it is my own fault that I didn't get to work on it earlier.  It is not as if I was out or even busy earlier.  I've been sitting in my office most of the day, observing my quarantine.  I do go out in the backyard at times, just to get some air, but I always make sure to do so when no one else is near and I wear a mask in the rest of the house.  It is good to at least get outside for a bit, to have a bit of fresh air and sunlight.  The most difficult part of it all is not being able to spend time with Melissa.  We do talk, as she is here in the house, but we are staying apart, and I can't help but miss her.  There is a bit of irony to this, as we were staying at her Mother's house in Ohio, where the sleeping arrangements make it hard for us to stay in the same bedroom at the moment (there are two small beds, but not in the same room), and now that we are back in Florida, we are staying apart for the quarantine.  It is a small matter compared to the dangers the disease can impose, and I am fine doing what I must in order to keep from potentially spreading it.  I still miss Melissa though and am looking forward to the point when I can safely sit with her once more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three