A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Six

I spoke to the doctor today and they said I should continue to quarantine at least through the weekend, and then test again.  It makes the most sense.  It is, of course, plausible that the first test was a false positive, but it doesn't really matter at the moment.  I can't be certain if any of the rapid tests are completely accurate, and so it is safer to just wait it out.  I've been feeling fine for the most part, and the few symptoms I've had, as I said before, started a long while back, and I wasn't testing positive at that time.  If it weren't so long ago, I might worry that it was a false negative, but the sore throat started almost a month back, and it is not an uncommon thing for me to get a sore throat that lingers this way during the winter.  I've avoided it for years by living in Florida, but this year I have been braving the cold in Ohio a whole bunch.  It is impossible to know, at present, whether the sore throat is now a covid symptom or not, but in either case, I am going to be staying in quarantine, as seems to be the responsible thing to do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three