A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Five

So, the test kit I used yesterday said to retest in 24 hours if I wasn't experiencing symptoms.  I have been feeling mostly fine, except for a bit of congestion and a sore throat, but I have had that for more than a week already (I tested myself when they began and was negative), so I tested myself again, and this time it was negative.  I actually used two tests tonight, because I know that false negatives are more likely than false positives, and both are negative.  Still, I am worried.  I do not want to get anybody else sick, so I am being cautious, in case.  For one thing, it is possible I didn't do the test right, even twice, and I have certainly heard others discuss getting multiple negatvie anti-gen tests, but still having covid when it is checked by PCR.  I would certainly rather suffer the inconvenience of being quarantined for a few days than finding out that I have been contagious because I infected others.  I live in a community with a lot of older individuals, as well as some with other risk factors, so I am staying cautious, in spite of these new results.  I think I will need to go for a real lab test to get a more definitive result and plan to call my doctor tomorrow to see what they suggest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three