A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-Two-Hundred-And-Twenty-Three

My therapist asked me to do a bit more writing this week, in particular to discuss certain feelings around my education and my journey to being a poet.  I had done a bit of work to explore those ideas in some of my poetry earlier in the week, but tonight I decided to sit down and do a bit of a more extended meditation and wound up writing several pages of prose.  It is the first solid prose writing I have done in a bit,  and I am wondering I know that a large part was just getting to it.  As well, I think it matters that I have a point in writing it.  I am not just going to save the file here and hold it on my computer, but already know there is an audience for it, even if only a small one.  It was still close to some of the other things I have been doing, at least in the themes that were touched on, which makes a lot of sense in terms of it being a therapeutic exercise, since so much of what I write about of late grows from the same stuff that has me seeking that kind of help at present.  I need to learn to let myself get into that same writing zone more.  It is not as if I haven't been there before, but I mean learning to get there more intentionally and how to direct myself to write about other things right now.  I have many ideas that come into mind, but so often they just get drowned out, or I just can't focus on them enough to bring them to the page.  It is good to know I can still get things going when I need to, but I want to feel more self-directed in terms of these efforts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poem: Neighborhood Inhabitants

A Writer's Notebook, One-Thousand-Eight-Hundred-And-Seventy-Three

A Writer's Notebook, Day One-Thousand-One-Hundred-And-Thirty-Three